Person Taken to Hospital after House Fire

10309B00-KMWPR

On Monday, around 9:35 PM the Topeka Fire Department responded to 1912 SW Belle Ave on the report of a fire.

When fire fighters arrived, they found one person lying in the front yard, and saw smoke coming from the home.

Crews were able to quickly put out the fire.

At first crews thought there were still people in the house, but later everyone out found outside the home unharmed. The person lying in the yard was taken to a Topeka hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

An investigator determined the fire started accidentally in a sewing room located in the southeast corner of the home from an unattended space heater.

Damage is estimated at $1,000.00 in structural damage and $5,000.00 in content damage.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s