Marathon bombing suspect’s college reopening

DARTMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — A college where one of the suspected Boston Marathon bombers attended classes is reopening.

The University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth was evacuated Friday after it was learned that 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-KHAR’ tsahr-NEYE’-ehv) was being pursued in connection with the attack that killed three people and injured more than 180.

Tsarnaev was later captured and is now hospitalized in serious condition.

UMass-Dartmouth officials say residence and dining halls will reopen at noon Sunday.

The school says counselors and members of the clergy will be on hand to help any students who are fearful or uncomfortable after last week’s events.

One student told The Associated Press he saw Tsarnaev on campus last week after the bombings.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s