[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?div_id=videoplayer-1367019336&height=510&page_count=5&pf_id=10541&va_id=4034303&width=480&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=480 height=510 div_id=videoplayer-1367019336 type=script]
COURTESY: Washburn Sports Information
Warm ups . . .
The No. 38-ranked Washburn Ichabods (13-7) will make their first NCAA appearance since the 2009-10 season when they will face No. 22-ranked Northwest Missouri (22-3) in the NCAA Central Regional. The match will take place on Saturday, April 20th in Maryville with the winner advancing to the NCAA National Tournament and the Sweet 16 in Surprise, Ariz. The Bearcats are the No. 2 seed in the region and the Ichabods are ranked third. The other two teams from the Central Region in postseason play are top-seeded Ouachita Baptist and No. 4 Southwest Baptist.
Bods and ends . . .
• The Ichabods are 10-11 all-time in NCAA postseason play and 7-4 in the NCAA first round.
• Washburn is 2-2 against Northwest Missouri in the NCAA postseason.
• Washburn won the last meeting on May 9, 2008 to advance to the NCAA Sweet 16.
• Washburn fell to the Bearcats 5-2 on May 6, 2006 in Maryville.
• Washburn topped the Bearcats 5-4 on May 8, 2004 in Topeka to advance to the national tournament.
• The Bearcats won the very first meeting between the two schools in the NCAA postseason 4-0 during the 1994-95 season.
• Washburn is 12-4 in regional play this season with losses to Northwest Missouri (5-2), Ouachita Baptist (5-4), Drury (7-2) and Southwest Baptist (5-4).
• The Ichabods dropped the first meeting to the Bearcats on April 10 in St. Joseph 5-2.
• The Bearcats have won their last 12 matches.
• Bobby Florence‘s 49 career singles wins is tied for 11th on Washburn’s all-time win chart.
• Florence is 20-7 overall in singles matches this season and is just four wins behind the most single-season wins in the programs history of 24 held by Santiago Giraldo who was 24-7 in 1996-97 and Ryan Ward who was 24-11 during the 2009-10 season.
• The 20 singles wins is tied for ninth in single-season history at Washburn.
• The Ichabods have used seven different doubles line ups in the 20 matches this season.
• This season as a team the Ichabods are 98-68 in singles matches going 70-44 in the 20 duals while collecting a 43-35 overall record in doubles play with a 32-28 record in dual matches.
• The Ichabods were 26-8 in singles play in conference matches and 11-7 in doubles matches during MIAA play.
• Bobby Florence leads the team with 20 singles wins going 14-5 in dual matches.
• Chance Joost had 18 wins going 13-1 at No. 6 singles and 14-2 overall in dual matches this season.
• The Ichabods have been strong in singles matches this season with Laucht going 12-3 at No. 3 singles, Fletcher going 12-4 at No. 4 singles, Florence going 13-4 at No. 5 singles and Joost going 13-1 at No. 6 singles.
• In MIAA duals, Laucht was a perfect 6-0 at No. 3 singles while Fletcher was 5-0 at No. 4 singles. Florence went 5-1 at No. 5 singles and Joost had a 4-0 record at No. 6 singles.
Up Next. . .
The winner of the Washburn/Northwest Missouri match will advance to the NCAA National Tournament and the Sweet 16 in Surprise, Ariz., where they will face the winner of one of the East Regional brackets at 7 a.m. on May 8.