Fire causes $120,000 in damage to Shawnee County home

[lin_video src=×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=1&div_id=videoplayer-1371735727&height=480&page_count=5&pf_id=9622&show_title=1&va_id=4103790&width=640&windows=1 service=syndicaster width=640 height=480 div_id=videoplayer-1371735727 type=script]

An overhead electrical outlet is to blame for a house fire near Berryton that caused more than $100,000 worth of damage.

Crews were called to the 2500 block of southeast 85th Street in south east Shawnee County just before 3:30pm Wednesday.

A person inside the home called 911 reporting the alarm was going off and they saw smoke in the home.

Responders saw fire coming out from the windows on the southeast corner of the home.

It caused about $120,000 in damage.

Everyone inside the home escaped without any injuries.

No firefighters were hurt.

28 firefighters, two engine companies, one truck company and four water tankers responded to the fire along with the Auburn Fire Department.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s