WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Wichita police say two toddlers are in protective custody after one of the children drank a small amount of bleach at a squalid home.
Lt. Doug Nolte told The Wichita Eagle (http://bit.ly/11UeLbE ) that emergency responders were called to the home Monday evening after a 2-year-old girl drank bleach from a cup that was next to a cup of water. Nolte says the child suffered no serious injury from the bleach.
The responders called police after finding human feces, trash, a bug infestation and no running water in the house. The 2-year-old girl and her 1-year-old brother were taken into protective custody.
Nolte says seven adults live at the residence, but it was unclear if the parents of the children are among that group.
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com