Dog credited with saving owner from Kansas fire

Photo By: Don Bolerjack, Kansas First News

WAMEGO, Kan. (AP) — A dog is credited with saving its owner from a northeast Kansas house fire that authorities are investigating as arson.

The Manhattan Mercury ( reports that the fire happened before dawn Friday in Wamego. The home’s sole occupant says that after being awoken by the dog, he heard the sound of the smoke detectors. The man managed to exit through the smoke, but the dog died.

Officials from the Kansas State Fire Marshal’s Office and local fire personnel say it appears the fire started on the front porch. That’s why the fire is being investigated as an aggravated arson.


Information from: The Manhattan (Kan.) Mercury,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s