Kan. man admits meth trafficking, faces 18 years


KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — A northeast Kansas man snared in an undercover sting has admitted his role in a Mexican methamphetamine trafficking ring that operated in the Kansas City, Kan., area.

The U.S. Attorney’s office says 34-year-old Lorenzo Sepulveda, of Olathe (oh-LAY’-thuh), pleaded guilty Monday to one count of conspiracy to distribute meth. His plea agreement calls for an 18-year prison sentence and the forfeiture of $125,000.

Sepulveda was among eight people charged last year as the result of an investigation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. He admitted to several transactions in 2009 in which undercover agents bought meth from various drug dealers involved in the operation.

Prosecutors say Sepulveda told agents the meth came directly from Mexico.

Sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 16.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s