Wichita restaurant owners set to change pleas

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – The operators of a Wichita restaurant have told a judge that they plan to change their pleas on federal charges of employing people who are in the country unlawfully.

A court notation Thursday in the case against Yong Lin and his wife, Zhuo Mei Weng, sets a hearing Feb. 12 for both of them in Wichita. The U.S. Attorney’s Office says it has reached tentative agreements for guilty pleas.

The couple was indicted last year on charges of conspiracy and harboring people who are in the U.S. unlawfully.

Prosecutors brought the case after federal agents and local police searched the World Buffet Grill and three Wichita apartments.

A 12-count indictment alleges they paid workers in cash and failed to complete employment eligibility forms.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s