As of 7:25 this morning, the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office has announced Phase III accident reporting.
During Phase III reporting, the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office will respond and investigate only those accidents listed below:
Injury, possible injury or death to any person
- Possible impairment of a driver due to drugs or alcohol
- Incidents of hit and run
- Incidents where there is a disturbance between the parties involved
- Any hazardous material situation.
- When the accident results in major traffic congestion.
- And when there is damage to a vehicle to the extent that towing is required.
All other accidents will be referred to the front desk during standard business hours (785-368-2200) or at the earliest convenience of the involved parties.