The Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office has announced Phase III accident reporting. During Phase III reporting, the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office will respond and investigate only those accidents listed below:
- Injury, possible injury or death to any person
- Possible impairment of a driver due to drugs or alcohol
- Incidents of hit and run
- Incidents where there is a disturbance between the parties involved
- Any hazardous material situation.
- When the accident results in major traffic congestion.
- And when there is damage to a vehicle to the extent that towing is required.
All other accidents will be referred to the front desk during standard business hours (785-368-2200) or at the earliest convenience of the involved parties.