Permits for farmers wanting to hay right-of-way

TOPEKA, Kan. – Kansas farmers wanting to hay the right-of-way next to their properties will have permit priority until the end of this month.

Starting April 1st, permits to harvest will be issued by the Kansas Department of Transportation in the order they are received. The permits will expire at the end of September. Hay harvesting on right-of-way along state and federal highways without a permit is illegal and is considering trespassing.

Those wanting to mow or bale hay will need to submit an application to KDOT.

blog comments powered by Disqus