Family pet killed in SE Topeka fire

2014-03-12_09-59-09_183-1

A family pet died after a fire Wednesday morning at the house of a firefighter.

Fire broke out inside a home belonging to Kristopher and Elizabeth Dodds just after 9 this morning at 4128 SE 23rd Terrace.

The call originally came out as a vacant house but when crews arrived, they found out it actually belonged to a Shawnee Heights Fire District Firefighter.

Crews were able to put out the fire in less than an hour and damage was mostly contained to the interior of the home.

Firefighters searched the home and found the family dog unresponsive. Crews were unable to revive it.

A fund has been set up for the Dodds family, you can donate at the Topeka Fireman’s Credit Union.

The Shawnee Heights Fire District is also accepting clothing donations for the family.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s