TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A Topeka veterinary clinic is warning customers about rat poisoning incidents involving someone in a white van who has been seen throwing white bags into people’s yards.
A second clinic has confirmed it as seen at least three poisoning cases, including one death.
The Topeka Capital-Journal (http://bit.ly/1efJgwN ) reports a sign at Potwin Pet Clinic says 15 dogs have died from ingesting the poison and urges customers not to leave their dogs outside at night.
Staff members said they were made aware of the incidents from other veterinarians and clinics, and that one pet owner had reported seeing a van in the neighborhood throwing food items into yards.
Topeka’s animal control manager says she received an email that one clinic had reported 21 cases, but she learned it was only three.
Information from: The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal, http://www.cjonline.com