SALINA, Kan. (AP) — Salina authorities have identified a man who died of burns he suffered while trying to rescue two dogs from a house fire.
KSAL-AM reports (http://bit.ly/1jE1jiF ) 49-year-old Darrell Pattillo died at a Wichita hospital where he was taken after the fire late Wednesday morning.
Salina Fire Marshal Roger Williams says Pattillo was critically burned when he got one dog out of the burning home. He tried to go back in to the house for a second dog but first responders stopped him.
The second dog was found dead under a bed.
Williams says the fire started in some wiring behind a freezer in a garage.
Information from: KSAL-AM.