HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) — A Hutchinson woman has died of injuries she suffered last week in a fire at a home.
Via Christi Medical Center St. Francis says 65-year-old Judy King died Tuesday.
Fire Chief Kim Forbes says King, who used a wheelchair, was injured after becoming trapped in the house during the June 18 blaze. Firefighters pulled her from the house and she was flown to Wichita.
Forbes says the fire was caused by a child who apparently poured lighter fluid on a chair on a porch and set it afire. The blaze was fueled by strong winds and quickly engulfed the home.
The Hutchinson News reports officials are working to get children in the home the care they need.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.