TOPEKA (KSNT) – Topeka’s Via’s Pizzeria has been named to the latest list of places you might want to take the family for a night out.
The restaurant, located at 738 SW Gage Blvd, was named Wednesday as one of US Food’s Top 10 “New family Friendly Restaurants” contest.
US Foods, which is one of the nation’s leading food suppliers, has joined forces with Food Fanatics magazine to find family friendly places to eat America.
Via’s Pizzeria is one of two finalists in Kansas, and the company says it got the designation for its “weekly Monday Kids Night”.
Starting the week of August 18th, a panel of chefs will tour each of the ten finalists to experience firsthand each restaurant’s unique family friends atmosphere and menu. Based on each review, the judging panel will pick the top five, each of which will receive a $2,000 credit towards kitchen equipment and a featured mention in the winter issue of Food Fanatics magazine as well as a profile on the magazine’s website.
The ten finalists are:
- Eckert’s Country Restaurant – Belleville, Ill
- Guiseppe’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria – Ruther Glen, VA
- JJ Twigs – Lake Ozark, MO
- Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant – Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
- The Mill Pizza Buffte and Games – Remerton, GA
- Randy’s Wooster Street Pizza – Manchester, CT
- Ruckus Pizza Pasta & Spirits – Morrisville, NC
- Salty Iguana – Prairie Village, KS
- Via’s Pizza & More – Topeka, KS
- White Fence Farm – Lakewood, CA
Learn more about the contest here.