LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Police say a New Jersey family’s dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.
The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.
Police say that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn’t specify how that occurred.
Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.
Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.