Day care accidentally serves bleach to children

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Officials say about 25 children at a New Jersey day care center are being evaluated after they were accidentally given a mixture of bleach and water to drink.

It happened Thursday at Growing Tree Learning Center II in Jersey City.

Jersey City Medical Center EMS director Rob Luckritz tells The Star-Ledger of Newark the patients do not appear to be in life-threatening danger.

The Jersey City Fire Department told WABC-TV a substitute teacher’s aide was giving students water when she mistakenly used a bottle that had water and a little bleach in it.

Daycare center director Sandra Vasquez tells the newspaper parents have been notified. She did not provide any information about what happened.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s