Heavy smoke and fire in overnight blaze

TOPEKA (KSNT) – A Topeka family suffered enormous loss after their house caught fire overnight.

The Topeka Fire Department responded to the fire in the 200 block of Southwest McAlister Avenue shortly after 11 Monday night.

Fire crews found heavy smoke and fire coming from the back of the house.

They didn’t find anyone in the home but an eyewitness told Kansas First News a couple with small children lives there.

No word yet on the cause of the fire.

The estimated loss is $125,000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s