Government healthcare website partially shutdown Friday night

WASHINGTON (AP) – The Obama administration says some functions of HealthCare.gov will be temporarily shut down overnight as the website transitions to the start of sign-up season on Saturday.

Spokeswoman Lori Lodes (Low-dess) said Friday that consumers will not be able to update or start new 2014 applications during the overnight transition. However, they will still be able to look at plans and premiums for 2015 during this time.

Lodes says that when consumers wake up Saturday morning the site will be working, and they will be able to sign up for 2015 coverage. She gives no specific time.

Last year, HealthCare.gov was plagued by technical problems. It froze the first day, and repairs took about two months. The administration says that won’t happen this year, though there may be some outages.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s