2 brothers burned after gas is thrown onto bonfire

FITCHBURG, Mass. (AP) — Two Massachusetts boys who were roasting marshmallows suffered serious burns when one of them threw gasoline onto a bonfire.

Officials in Fitchburg say 14-year-old Jameson Carroll and his 11-year-old brother, Jaxon, were enjoying the bonfire in their backyard on Saturday evening when the accident happened.

Deputy Fire Chief Thomas Dateo says the boys’ mother was inside the family home getting more marshmallows when one of the boys threw a gas container onto the fire to make it bigger. The container exploded. The boys’ mother and a neighbor put out the flames.

Authorities say Jaxon suffered first- and second-degree burns to his face, while Jameson has less-serious burns to his legs. The brothers are listed in stable condition at Shriners Hospitals for Children in Boston.

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s