Administration says HealthCare.gov working well

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration says the health care website is working well as a crucial second sign-up season for President Barack Obama’s health overhaul gears up.

Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell says 100,000 people have submitted new applications this weekend via Healthcare.gov. That’s a big difference from last year, when only a handful of customers could get past frozen computer on the first enrollment day.

Burwell also tells NBC’s “Meet the Press” that a half-million people who already have coverage through the program were able to log into their accounts. There were reports Saturday that some returning customers had problems.

Obama says there’s been a big improvement overall and that HealthCare.gov “works really well now.”

With Congress fully under Republican control, the administration can’t afford another website meltdown.

 

 

 

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s