WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration says more than 1 million consumers visited HealthCare.gov this weekend as the second sign-up season under the president’s health overhaul got underway without the widespread technical problems experienced last year.
Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell said Monday that more than 200,000 people dialed the federal call center. About 20,000 of those calls were to Spanish-speaking representatives.
The administration says about 100,000 people submitted applications for 2015 coverage, as of Saturday, the first day of open enrollment. That includes new and returning customers.
Also, there were more than 500,000 successful logins to consumer accounts the first day. The same customer could have logged in more than once. That figure includes new and returning customers.
HealthCare.gov serves 37 states. One state-run website — Washington’s— had initial problems.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.