CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say an elderly couple who didn’t show up to Thanksgiving dinner has been found dead in their home.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports that preliminary Chicago Fire Department reports show the two may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. The Cook County medical examiner identified the victims as 76-year-old Clemmie Jones and 77-year-old Nancy Jones.
Police say officers responded to a well-being check request Saturday after relatives became worried when the couple didn’t attend a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.
The man was found unresponsive in the living and the woman in a second floor bedroom of a home on the city’s South Side.
An autopsy is scheduled.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.