Fire at pet business causes $60K in damages

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A weekend fire that led to the evacuation of more than 20 dogs from a Lawrence pet care business also caused $60,000 in damages.

The Lawrence Journal-World (http://bit.ly/12oUIDZ ) reports that the Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical department has deemed the fire accidental. In a press release, the department confirmed the fire at Christal K-9 was caused by an electrical malfunction of a box fan.

Twenty-one dogs were saved from the building when emergency responders arrived. Officials said one dog died at the scene and a second dog died from its injuries on Sunday. Several other dogs remain in treatment.

The business provides grooming, training and boarding services for pets.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s