Hutchinson motel fire damages 7 rooms

HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) — An electrical fire has damaged seven rooms at a Hutchinson motel.

The Hutchinson News reports that two guests at the Sunset Motel were evacuated after the fire started Saturday. Motel owner Chuck Patel says he is glad no one was injured.

Hutchinson Fire Department inspector Tony Arpin says the source of the fire was a nail that had punctured some electrical wiring behind a dryer in the motel’s laundry room.

It took almost an hour to get the fire under control. Seven units responded with a total of 17 firefighters.

 

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s