PASADENA, Calif. (AP) – NBC’s top entertainment executive says the door is firmly shut to Bill Cosby’s return to the network.
In the wake of new and renewed allegations of sexual assault against Cosby, NBC executive Bob Greenblatt said Friday that it was “safe to say” NBC would never air a project with the comedian.
NBC had previously announced it was dropping its plans to develop a new sitcom with Cosby, whose “The Cosby Show” was a smash hit for the network 30 years ago.
Cosby’s planned return to NBC was announced last year, before the rising tide of accusations against Cosby by women claiming he drugged and assaulted them. Cosby, who has denied some of the allegations, has never been charged in any of the alleged assaults.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.