Wichita State student found dead at residence hall

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – Authorities say a Wichita State University student has died of an “apparent overdose” in a residence hall.

The Wichita Eagle (bit.ly/1A3In6t ) reports that the university said in a statement that the 29-year-old student was found unresponsive around 11 p.m. Wednesday in his room at Fairmount Towers South. A Wichita Police Department incident report says a resident assistant had gone into the room to investigate an odor.

No foul play is suspected. Counseling staff is being made available to meet with students on campus.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s