WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – Authorities say a Wichita State University student has died of an “apparent overdose” in a residence hall.
The Wichita Eagle (bit.ly/1A3In6t ) reports that the university said in a statement that the 29-year-old student was found unresponsive around 11 p.m. Wednesday in his room at Fairmount Towers South. A Wichita Police Department incident report says a resident assistant had gone into the room to investigate an odor.
No foul play is suspected. Counseling staff is being made available to meet with students on campus.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.