Man dead after fire in Kansas City home

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A man has died after being pulled from a burning Kansas City home, and firefighters wonder if a lack of gas might have had something to do with the blaze.

The fire was reported around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday and is believed to have started in a back bedroom. The man was taken to an area hospital with smoke inhalation and possibly cardiac arrest, and later died.

Kansas City Fire Department Battalion Chief James Garrett says people sometimes do unconventional things to stay warm, and noted that there was no gas in the home.

Garrett says the home did not appear to have working smoke detectors.

 

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s