Suspect in fatal Los Angeles street race held on $2M bail

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police say a 21-year-old man suspected of participating in an illegal street race that killed two spectators in Southern California has been booked on suspicion of murder.

Henry Michael Gevorgyan turned himself in Saturday night accompanied by his lawyer. Jail records show he’s being held on $2 million bail.

The Los Angeles Police Department said Gevorgyan fled the scene of the deadly accident in the San Fernando Valley last week. Authorities said he was driving a souped-up Ford Mustang that veered out of control and crashed into a crowd on the sidewalk. One man died at the scene and another died at the hospital. A third person was hospitalized with serious injuries.

An officer with the LAPD’s Valley Traffic Division says he did not have the name of Gevorgyan’s lawyer.

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s