Fire crews battle late night fire in Manhattan

MANHATTAN (KSNT) – At 11:47 p.m. Thursday, the Manhattan Fire Department was sent to 949 Village Drive for a report of a structure fire.

When crews arrived they found a one-story residential structure with light smoke coming from a door on the side of the structure. The fire reached a second alarm before it was contained within 40 minutes. 

The residence was occupied at the time of the fire. The occupants were alerted when a smoke alarm sounded and were able to exit the structure without injury prior to the fire departments arrival.  The single family structure received an estimated loss of $60,000 to the structure and $20,000 to contents. The Manhattan Fire Department says the occupants of the structure are displaced at this time. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to electrical wiring.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s