MANHATTAN (KSNT) – At 11:47 p.m. Thursday, the Manhattan Fire Department was sent to 949 Village Drive for a report of a structure fire.
When crews arrived they found a one-story residential structure with light smoke coming from a door on the side of the structure. The fire reached a second alarm before it was contained within 40 minutes.
The residence was occupied at the time of the fire. The occupants were alerted when a smoke alarm sounded and were able to exit the structure without injury prior to the fire departments arrival. The single family structure received an estimated loss of $60,000 to the structure and $20,000 to contents. The Manhattan Fire Department says the occupants of the structure are displaced at this time. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to electrical wiring.