MANHATTAN (KSNT) – Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 reported Wednesday morning that first responders were called to Manhattan High School West Campus to a gas odor in E-Hall of the school.
The Manhattan Fire Department and Kansas Gas Service were at the school and did not pick up any readings of gas in the building.
Director of Communications for USD 383 Michele Jones tells KSNT News there were pilot lights out on the several of the gas ovens in the culinary kitchen which could have been the culprit.
There were 10 students/staff who have been checked by Emergency Medical Services, but no medical issues have been found.
The school day is back to normal routine now.