TOPEKA (KSNT) – Police responded to a single car accident involving a pole overnight.
Officers received a call at 2:10 Wednesday morning on a non-injury accident in the 7300 bloack of SW Auburn Road.
The Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office 17-year-old Cody W. Nelson from Carbondale was driving a Dodge Ram truck that left the roadway and struck a utility pole.
After investigation at the scene, Nelson was transported to the Juvenile Department of Corrections and booked on the following charges:
- Misdemeanor Warrant for Possession of Hallucinogenic Drug
- Driving Under the Influence
- Possession of Certain Depressants
- Possession of Hallucinogenic Drug
- Possession of Paraphernalia
- Purchase or Consumption of Alcoholic Beverage by Minor