MANHATTAN, Kan. (KSNT) – Multiple food safety violations were found Wednesday at Manhattan High School Wednesday amidst a suspected norovirus outbreak that has sent dozens of kids home sick since last week.
KSNT News learned Thursday of the health inspection by the Kansas Department of Agriculture Division of Food Safety and Lodging. The inspection found three violations in the cafeteria.
The district is no closer to figuring out what’s causing the kids to get sick.
Violations are as follows:
- A metal scoop was found with dried food on it store away with clean utensils.
- Food was found left out past its expiration date.
- And – a worker was found cleaning the cafeteria with an unapproved cleaning solution.
The inspector says it’s not enough to make kids sick.
To read the full inspection report CLICK HERE
KSNT News will have more on this story tonight at 5 & 6.