Fire forces residents from home

Fire crews work to contain blaze at 1814 East 10th (KSNT - Alec Gartner)

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Four people were able to get out of their home safely after a morning fire. The fire happened at around 8:30am at 1814 East 10th.  When fire crews arrived, they found smoke and flames coming from the upper floor.  Firefighters were able contain the fire to that area.  Damages were placed at $26,500 dollars.  The cause is undetermined but investigators say it’s likely to have been due to misuse or malfunction of an electric space heater.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s