TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – It is now less than a week away from Super Bowl LI with the Atlanta Falcons vs. the New England Patriots. We all know it’s not just about the game, for many it’s all about the food.
In case you are still deciding, KSNT News has viewer recipes to share with you. This story will be updated throughout the week as we receive more recipes.
Pepperoni and Cheese Crescents
1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
24 slices (about 5 oz.) pepperoni
2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup tomato pasta or pizza sauce, heated
Heat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 8 triangles; pat out each triangle slightly.
- Place 3 slices pepperoni, slightly overlapping, on center of each triangle. Top each with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Roll up, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point. Place rolls, point side down, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F. for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm crescents with warm pasta sauce for dipping.
Cheese and Cracker Dip (Carol Moore a.k.a. Brittany’s Mom)
1 stick of butter
1 8oz Cream Cheese
1 can White Shepeg Corn
2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 small can green chilies (or jalapeños)
2 Tbs. Lemon Juice.
Melt butter and cream cheese together. Combine with the rest of the ingredients. Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with crackers.
3-2-1 Dip (Keith Miles)
- 3 blocks of cream cheese
- 2 cans of rotel
- 1 lb of sausage
Brown sausage…add pepper to flavor
Mix sausage, rotel and cream cheese in crockpot until cream cheese melts
Chili Cheese Enchiladas (Martin Peterson)
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15.2 oz) whole kernel sweet corn, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- Chopped green onions and sour cream, if desired
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix chicken, corn, beans, enchilada sauce and taco seasoning mix. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 hours or High heat setting 4 hours.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese. Top with green onions and sour cream. Top with remaining cheese; serve with tortilla chips.
Bacon Deviled Eggs (Nathaniel Jackson)
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Egg Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
6 Hard-Boiled Egg Yolks
2 Tablespoon Mayo or Plain Yogurt
1½ Teaspoon Spicy Mustard
½ Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Relish
½ Teaspoon Paprika
Put the eggs in a pot and cover with water by 1-inch and bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn off the heat, cover and let sit in the hot water for 15 minutes. Immediately, drain and rinse under cold water. Peel the eggs, slice in half lengthwise and remove yolks to a bowl. Combine the egg yolk mixture with the mayo, or yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, relish, and paprika. Then fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture, top with some chopped chives and crumbled cooked bacon. Serve when the game is going good!
Crab Rangoon Dip (Hannah Hinkle-Ayala)
Wonton chips: 1 package wonton wrappers, cut in half to make a rectangle for easy scooping. Fry in 2-3 inches of oil, drain.
Pre heat broiler
The dip: 2-8 oz. Pkgs cream cheese softened
2-4 green onions chopped
2-6 oz cans crab meat, drained and shredded (imitation would
1 teas. Worcestershire sauce
1-2 teas. Lemon juice
1/4 teas. garlic powder
Either 1/2 cup of sour cream or 1 can condensed shrimp bisque
soup as is. (The soup is hard to find and a little salty)
Mix all together, place in broiler proof dish and broil for 10 min or until hot and bubbly. ( I have also just baked at 375° until ready)
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies (Carla Hollingsworth)
- 1 Ib Bacon – Cut into thirds
- 1 Ib Little Smokies
- 1 Stick Butter
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
Preheat oven to 375F. Wrap each Smokie with bacon, place single layer in backing dish. Melt butter and 1 cup of brown sugar together, pour over Smokies. Take the other cup of brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over the wrapped Smokies. Bake 15-20 minutes – then turn oven to 400F for about 5 minutes to get bacon crispy.