Garage Fire in South East Topeka

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – One person was taken to a local hospital for minor smoke inhalation after their house caught on fire today.

The Topeka Fire Department responded to a house fire at the 2800 block of SE Massachusetts Ave. this afternoon.

Topeka fire tells KSNT News they believe the fire was caused by a fire pit in the yard behind the house.

They were able to quickly contain the fire to the garage and the back of the house.

The investigation is ongoing and we will keep you updated on ksnt.com as more details become available.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s