TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Firefighters had an early call Tuesday morning at a business in hunter’s ridge in north Topeka.
Just before 3:30 firefighters were called to this convenience store called “The Market” on a report of smoke. The business was closed at the time.
When crews arrived they found smoke throughout the store and determined a compressor on top of an ice machine somehow started the fire.
Soldier Township crews took the lead on putting the fire out with the help of a Topeka fire crew. Fire Chief Karl McNorton said the damage estimate is easily $50,000 due to all the food items damaged by the smoke.