Two taken to hospital after apartment fire in east Topeka

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Two residents were taken to the hospital after their apartment caught fire in Southeast Topeka Sunday night.

The Topeka Fire Department says the fire broke out at 2139 SE 11th Street at 9:00 p.m. When crews arrived, they saw all occupants were able to evacuate the apartment on their own. No flames or smoke were visible from outside the complex.

Two people were taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Investigators say the fire started after food was left cooking unattended by accident.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s