Electrical malfunction blamed for east Topeka fire

(KSNT News/Alec Gartner)

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – An electrical malfunction is to blame for a Thursday morning house fire in east Topeka.

The Topeka Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 5:30 a.m. at 634 SE Lake Street.

When crews arrived they could see heavy smoke coming from the home.

TFD said two people inside the home were able to escape safely.

The fire caused an estimated $18,000 in damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s