TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) — More and more people are running for next year’s election to be your state governor.
KSNT News reached out to our Political Analyst Dr. Bob Beatty who tells us a lot of candidates will have to work much harder to get their names out there. With their being so many candidates, this will break the record of republican candidates running since 1964, which had 8.
“This time we’ve got the gamut on the Republican side. We have some very well-known names and then we have some candidates who are hoping to break through,” said Dr. Beatty.
Here’s a list of candidates currently in the running:
- Democrat, Carl Brewer — Mayor of Wichita from 2007 to 2015
- Democrat, Josh Svaty — Former Kansas Secretary of Agriculture
- Democrat, Jim Ward — House Democratic Leader
- Republican, Jim Barnett — President of the Shawnee County Medical Society
- Republican, Wink Hartman — Owner of Hartman Oil
- Republican, Kris Kobach — Kansas Secretary of State
- Republican, Ed O’Malley — President of the Kansas Leadership Center
- Republican, Jeff Colyer — Lieutenant Governor
- Republican, Mark Hutton — Business man
- Republican, Tyler Ruzich – Junior at Shawnee Mission North High School
- Republican, Ethan Randleas – High School Student in Wichita
- Democrat, Jack Bergeson – High School Student in Wichita
- Republican, Dominic Scavuzzo — High School Student in Kansas City, Mo
- Libertarian, Chris Rockhold — ran for Congress
- Republican, Ken Selzer — elected Kansas Insurance Commissioner in 2014
- Independent, Pastor Richard Kloos from Berryton
- Democrat, Arden Anderson — Olathe physician
- Republican, Patrick Kucera — Leawood businessman
- Democrat, Robert J. Klingenberg — Salina Frito-Lay worker