Fire Crews: Grill possibly the cause of Topeka house fire

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – An early morning house fire near Lake Sherwood may have been caused by the homeowner’s grill.

Around 3:30 a.m. on Monday, the Mission Township Fire Department responded to reports of a fire on the back porch of a home in the 3000 block of Canterbury Town Rd. The homeowner explained to fire crews that he heard a popping noise outside the door.

Firefighters suspect the fire broke out due to the homeowner’s grill being so close to their wooden porch. There was no damage to the home and there were no injuries.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s