TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) — Paramedics and firefighters are responding to an apartment fire in West Topeka.
While there was no visible fire, paramedics took two stretchers into First Apartments at 3805 SW 18th St.
Firefighters said the fire was confined to one room on the 5th floor of the building.
Topeka Fire said one woman was cooking when she knocked something on to her stove top. She received a 1st degree burn to her left hand and was taken to a local hospital by AMR.
The fire was out when they arrived.
Another woman, on the 3rd floor, was taken to a hospital by AMR. Topeka Fire said it was unrelated to the fire on the 5th floor.