Two safe in central Topeka fire

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Two people are safe after a house fire in central Topeka.

Topeka firefighters got the call just before 8:00 p.m.. They responded to the house at the intersection of southwest Harvey Place and southwest Quinton Avenue.

Investigators say the two people who live in the home, and their pets, were out of the house by the time firefighters arrived.

They say the fire was accidental and caused by unattended cooking.

Damage to the home is estimated at $37,500. No on was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s