Dog dies in early morning Topeka garage fire

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – One dog was killed in a garage fire early Friday morning in east Topeka.

The Topeka Fire Department responded to the fire at 330 SE Kouns St., just northwest of Rice Park, at 3:30 a.m. When crews arrived on scene they reported seeing a detached one story wood frame garage fully involved in a fire.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire, keeping it contained to the structure.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, associated with a wood burning stove within the garage.

The estimated amount of damage is estimated to be $25,000.

The fire department said no working smoke alarms were found in the garage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s