SHAWNEE CO., Kan. (KSNT) – The Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office reports Tuesday morning they are canceling Phase III and returning to normal accident reporting.
The sheriff’s office went into Phase III Monday afternoon due to inclement weather. During Phase III deputies will only respond to the following.
- Injury, possible injury or death to any person
- Possible impairment of a driver due to drugs or alcohol
- Incidents of hit and run
- Incidents where there is a disturbance between the parties involved
- Any hazardous material situation
- When the accident results in major traffic congestion
- When there is damage to a vehicle to the extent that towing is required
Other accidents should be reported to the front desk of the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office during standard business hours, or at the earliest convenience of the involved parties.
During inclement weather, the office says not to drive unless it is necessary.