The fire was accidental and was caused by a space heater that was plugged into an extension cord in the upstairs bedroom.
The residents’ dog, Duke, woke them up by barking, then they realized the house was on fire.
“We just put a scarlet letter on these kids. This isn’t my church. I don’t see God in it. I don’t see divinity it. It just feels evil.”
In his first public comments on the latest scandal, Pope Francis told followers that the theft of documents describing financial malfeasance…
The Navy fired an unarmed missile from a submarine off the coast of Southern California on Saturday, creating a bright light that streaked a…
Tracking beautiful, but breezy, weather
Class 3A and 8-Man football continued its playoffs on Saturday night as teams inch closer to a state championship.
The Emporia State Hornets lost for the second time this season on Saturday night against undefeated NW Missouri State.
The Washburn football team beat Northeastern State on Saturday afternoon to improve to (5-5) on the season.
Advocacy group wants medical marijuana in Kansas
The Washburn Rural soccer team lost a heart-breaker to Blue Valley Northwest in the state championship game on Saturday afternoon.
The Washburn volleyball team lost in straight sets on Senior Day inside Lee Arena on Saturday afternoon.
“I had read numerous books about moms in the throes of addiction, and they were very helpful,” she said. “But they were also grim.”
“He was only 4,” said Colbee’s mother, “but he loved to help.”
The U.S. Geological Survey reports a series of earthquakes along the Oklahoma-Kansas border — including magnitude 4.2 and 4.1 temblors near …
An apartment building opening in Waldo, Kan. will soon be occupied by young people who are aging out of foster care.
Activists are seeking more aggressive cleanup measures at a former federal weapons manufacturing site in Kansas City.
Three environmental groups want Lawrence to reduce the use of plastic grocery bags by imposing a ban or fining shoppers who use them.